You should also consider taking out title insurance. Title insurance provides protection against a wide range of risks that may not be apparent on any property or property transaction, basically ensuring that the owner of that property has a good title.
The following issues may be covered by such insurance, which we can arrange on your behalf.
- Illegal building works being discovered that could result in the council ordering you to demolish or repair parts, if not all, of the property.
- Someone else claiming an interest in your land. This can occur between settlement of your purchase and the title being registered in your name.
- Fraud or forgery resulting in a challenger to your ownership, or in a fraudulent mortgage being registered against the property.
- Any issue that would have been revealed in an up to date survey.
- Zoning issues which prevent you from residing in the house.
- Outstanding rates and taxes from the previous owner which you could become liable for after settlement.
If you are interested in All in One Property assisting you with taking out title insurance, then complete the form below and we will get in touch.